Thursday, May 12, 2011

Vellagio Mall, Doha-Qatar

Thought some might be interested in seeing some pictures I took while browsing through the Vellagio Mall here in Doha.  I have to tell you, it's the most amazing mall that I have ever been in, and I have been in the best that Bangkok has to offer.  This place takes buildings to a whole new level!

Here is a picture of the moat which runs through the middle of the mall.  They have boats from Venice and have even brought official Venetian boaters to stroll you along the river.  I never took a boat ride, but thought it was pretty neat.

Sticker on this Porsche was a cool 240k.  Wonder who the lucky owner will be.  I've never been close to a Porshe Panamera before.  The inside is truly a work of art.  I would just love to get behind the wheel.....









As you can see, I had the whole mall to myself.  Marble everywhere down this high-end wing.  Then soon got hungry for some lunch.  I found a restaurant called "The Butchers Shop and Grill".  I have eaten there twice now.  The steaks are unbelievable good! And the burgers, well, there are just no  words.  The original restaurant is located in South Africa.  As the name implies, they specialize in Beef.  And they do it well.


Oh yes, I should add this mall also has indoor cart racetrack, bowling alley, IMAX theater, and an indoor ice skating rink.  Almost forgot, they also have a full amusement park inside complete with ferris wheel and roller coaster.  You can spend all day in this place.






















With the whole ceiling/roof curved the way it is, then painted to be a pleasant blue/cloud day, you do get the feeling of being outdoors.  They just did a nice job designing this thing.  Well, thats about all I can say about a shopping mall!   Been there, done that....


No comments:

Post a Comment