Friday, April 15, 2011

More Vietnam stuff


I am sitting here in my hotel room.  I have my shoulders and chest soaked in aloe vera gel.  I have been in the sun too much and too long.  I need the shade for now on I think.  Today, I took a gondola ride up the top of a mountain.  The view was fantastic.  When I arrived on top, another plus was that I was totally alone up there.  I guess it's most popular during the night as people like all the light displays up there and overlooking the city
Once you arrive on top, they will drive you around to see all their displays. I chose to just walk and take my time.  Another mistake.  That was a LOT of walking and getting roasted in the sun.  So, the following pictures are some of what I did today.




Waterfall on top of mountain


I liked this bridge for some reason.

After walking some, I came to the waterfall which was the only sound you could hear on top of the mountain, and it was the background music for the rest of my time up there.  The have am Impressive sized Buddha statue at top.  You can see this for miles and miles away.  Moving along, I saw a sign that said "Wild Boar" with an arrow pointing to a path.  After thinking about this later, I was like "a blind, winding path with a sign that says Wild Boar, might not be the safest or smartest thing to do"  Anyways, I went and was pleasantly surprised to meet some new friends.










Big Bird

Funny thing about the ostrich bird.  You just cannot tell if they like you, or are getting ready to head butt you.  There were about 30 of these prehistoric creatures.  I got to looking at them pretty closely as it isn't every day you come eye to eye with such a freak of nature.  Have you ever seen the "Feet" of an ostrich?  They are talons made for warfare.  If one of these birds got on you with their feet, they look like they could just rip you in 1/2 fairly easily.




Feet were longer than mine.





view of Vung tau from top of Mt.



They did have some wild boars as well, but I didn't feel they were picture worthy.   I said my "Hellos" to them all, and then went about my way.  I also soon came upon 3 monkeys in a large cage which again I didn't take pictures of.  So, it was nice relaxing day.  Got some sun, got some pictures, got some pizza, and came back to my room.  When I started writing tonight, I turned around and noticed that Vietnam was putting on a sunset show, so I took a shot of the evening sky.  Thats it for today - See at the next stop  :-)




Vietnam sky from my room.



No comments:

Post a Comment