Thursday, February 18, 2010

One of my favorite areas to play around is Phuket, Thailand.  When you get off the beaten path, you quickly find the treasures of the island (s).  Once you find a hotspot for the longtail boats, as pictured above, you can very cheaply get taxied all day long to the favorite local snorkling spots.  By going this way, you can get off the major tourist hubs and be all alone if you wish.  Just you and the fish!  I truly is like diving into a fish tank.  The fish are everywhere!  All different sizes and colors, and they are NOT shy.  It can be a little daunting at first, but you get quickly used to their company, and soon you will crave it.   I will have to say, one of the highlights of my life has been the hours spend in complete solitude and quietness with the fish of the Andaman Sea.  I can't wait to return..........

No comments:

Post a Comment